Polyclar comparison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Finally took some pics. I don't think they're quite as clear as I'd like, but in the light, the one with polyclar looks a lot clearer. The worst part about all this is that SWMBO is sick, meaning I have to drink them both! :cross:

No fining:::With Polyclar
sidebyside.jpg

No Fining:::With Polyclar
sans-polyclar.jpg
with-polyclar.jpg

how much do you use? mine just arrived and ive seenw hat it does. Gnarly protein breaks\

those look delicious

And this is evidence supporting polyclar? Maybe I just can't tell from the pictures, but the difference looks small and the one with polyclar is still far from clear. What's the recipe?

When I extract brewed (and on occasion still do) I didn't care about clarity. AG and kegging have spoiled me though. Once I got a really clear one I wanted more.

And did SWMBO hand model those or do you just really need to cut your nails?:p

Yeah, that' swmbo, and I know, they're crappy pics. But the one with polyclar really is clear, I can see right through it.

Here we go, this one is much better. It's the same beer as above, with polyclar, just better lighting. You can see all the junk on my desk behind it!

polyclar.jpg

I thought gelatin was ineffective against chill haze. I know from experience (and a recent BYO article) that isinglass works on chill haze too, just takes a little longer.

Polyclar works great. It also drops some tannins from your beer so use it in an appropriate style ( as you did ).

Most breweries and wineries that use polyclar will remove it ( the polyclar ) via filtration. PVPP has an FCC status apparently but...

Basically it is probably the best fining agent for truly finishing a beer as it is available in different molecular weights to address proteins, tannins... haze etc.

Seriously? As in, it emits radio waves that could interfere with something?

Seriously, as it looks as if it has FCC= Food Codex Chemical status. But last night I drank an IPA that was cleared with Polyclar and I heard a radio station from Belgium playing in my head...

But then again I just got a new filling in my tooth so all is good.

I need to go and repair my tinfoil hat I guess..

EDIT

And Gila removes the reason for this post... damn you

Back