Burner for Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpogo

Reaction score
Are there any propane burners that someone would recommend for a keggle? I'd prefer something I don't have to modify, as I've never done any metal work. Fuel efficiency would be a plus.

My keggle's diameter is ~15.5 inches.

Would one solution be to just pick up something like BBQ Cooking Grate? My worry is that it wouldn't be able to hold a keggle full of wort on a burner.

(sidenote: my fittings for my keggle are coming in tuesday, hopefully next weekend I can get my first AG brew session in)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this one. Great burner and nothing but good things from other brewers on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 16" big enough to be stable? I'm just worried of boiling liquids tipping over.

How many brew sessions can you do on one tank of propane?

Thanks, for the suggestion. I may go with the SQ14.

i picked up a turkey fryer at walmart with a 7.5 gal pot for 40 bucks...cant beat that. It fits my keggle just fine. In hindsight i wish i would have gone with something like the one above but it works great and boils a hell of a lot quicker than the stove does. So far im thorugh about half of my propane tank and ive brewed about 4 batches so i dont know about efficiency

Back