So I went to Hershey Park this weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNVince

Reaction score
...and of course, when in Rome, I must drink chocolate stouts. Well sadly, all the bars didn't have Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap but rather in the bottle.

As I sat there enjoying my first stout of the trip three different people asked me "Is that a chocolate beer?" They were completely stunned. Anyway I drank two of them and the bartender said to me "I don't think I've ever had anybody order two of these." Sad. So sad.

Oh, man, I love Youngs on Nitro. The cans kick the crap out of the bottles...never had it on draught though. But the nitro widgets in the cans are so great...it's like liquid silk in your mouth.

BNVince said:
...and of course, when in Rome, I must drink chocolate stouts. Well sadly, all the bars didn't have Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap but rather in the bottle.

As I sat there enjoying my first stout of the trip three different people asked me "Is that a chocolate beer?" They were completely stunned. Anyway I drank two of them and the bartender said to me "I don't think I've ever had anybody order two of these." Sad. So sad.

Several places around here have brought it in on draught and I have noticed that too...folks will have one and switch off to something else. It is a pretty rich brew and I would imagine that contributes to the "one and done."

We have that problem around here...I'm only about an hour from Hershey.

Youngs Double Chocolate only makes a draft showing in the fall and usually disappears before christmas. Just when I start really getting into it...it's gone.

CatchinZs said:
We have that problem around here...I'm only about an hour from Hershey.

Youngs Double Chocolate only makes a draft showing in the fall and usually disappears before christmas. Just when I start really getting into it...it's gone.

Carlisle, PA huh. A good friend of mine from college grew up there. Isn't that the home of the Land O' Lakes factory?

Evan! said:
it's like liquid silk in your mouth.

that sounds so bad by itself!

I haven't been to Hersey in awhile, did you go on any rides?

I'm a big stout kind of guy but I have to admit, with young's it's a one a done gig for me too. I like it, but only once...

Back