Rogue Mocha Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Picked up a 6 pack of rogue mocha porter at winn dixie the other day, I was pretty happy with buying it. The mocha coffee taste really stands out, nice refreshing beer when I want something different than what I usually buy, IPAs, APAs, etc. Goes real nice at 6:00 in the morning with a few pancakes, since its got a coffee flavor I think it should be ok to drink this as soon as we wake up in the morning, lol. Anyone else tried this beer and have a opinion?

I do like the Mocha Porter. To me though, it's classification is in the gray area between the Stout and Porter. Regardless, it's a very tasty beer. Most of the stuff I have had from Rogue I have liked.

Love it! When I found a good clone recipe (austin homebrew), I tossed out a porter recipe I had been working on for two years.

I was thinking about giving the AHB Mocha Porter Clone a try, how does it compare to the real thing? What is the hop character like?

Also thinking of using Nottingham instead of the Wyeast Pacman it recommends, the economy is rough I hear. Am I about to make a poor decision by skimping on details?

Back