Election Day Drinking, What's your beer menu for tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright I'll admit it, I'm a political junky, and tonight is my Superbowl Sunday.

I'll be flipping between Cnn, Msnbc, Cspan, with my little maps, marking off electoral votes and betting with myself on interesting congressional races...(Yeah I'm a geek, and I admit it.)

Since my pipeline is El Sucko right now, it's going to be a commercial beer night.

Right now I'm leaning towards Founder's Centennial IPA to go with the sack of tacos I'm picking up after voting.

05804s.gif

I'm not sure if I'm going to stay with the founder's as the evening progresses or switch to something else.

But I know I will be capping the evening off with a snifter of Oaked Arrogant Bastard from Stone...Seems kinda fitting. :D

BeerStoneOakedArrogantBastard.jpg

How about you?

I've got a Chimay Bleu, an Ellezelloise Hercule stout, a Great Divide IPA and a Brew Dog Tokyo lined up. Not sure how late I'll stay up for it, but you gotta love the cabaret of election nights.

Sh*t, *****...I'm rokkin' a full tap lineup right now. I really seriously gotta bust those kegs outta my fridge so I can pull my oak sack out of the holiday ale, but damn, it's deeeelish!! My beer lineup will probably consist of the Old *****iewig and the Munich Dunkel/Bock that are recently tapped. Maybe some weizenbock from the other fridge. But damn, this really is a perfect time of year for a strong dunkel.

Sh*t, *****...I'm rokkin' a full tap lineup right now. I really seriously gotta bust those kegs outta my fridge so I can pull my oak sack out of the holiday ale, but damn, it's deeeelish!! My beer lineup will probably consist of the Old *****iewig and the Munich Dunkel/Bock that are recently tapped. Maybe some weizenbock from the other fridge. But damn, this really is a perfect time of year for a strong dunkel.

I think I'd have the most fun hanging with you watch the results come in...I bet the conversation would be quite fun...and your tap lineup sounds amazing

:mug:

Only trouble, I had to get up at 4 today to come into work real early...so I don't know how late I'm going to make it either....

Starting by tapping my Mild that I kegged yesterday (BierMunchers 10 day recipe) then Arrogant Bastard, Levitation, and Smoked Porter from The fine Folks at Stone, then (wife and liver permitting) on to Breckenridge Brewery Oatmeal Stout. If the events last long enough into the evening, It's time to crack another Reindeer Fuel!..just to check progress! ;)

I have an amber in the fridge. I also have a RIS that I may enjoy. Depending on how the night goes I may have a sample of some single barrel bourbon.

Depending on the results it might be a bitter and rye night!

I am considering shopping and looking for beers with a high irony content myself.

Maybe some Avery's "Collaboration Not Litigation Ale" in the spirit of Bi-partisanship.

averycol.jpg

Maybe some Kenyan Senator Lager, since it was named after Obama wasn't it?

senatorbeer.jpg

I think for sheer kitsch factor alone...

2008_2_billy_beer.jpg

any other ironic suggestions?

I'll be drinking homebrew: An awesome EPA, an Octoberfest ale (I'll use a different yeast next time), and an APA made with 5# of Vienna and 3oz of Pacific Gem hops; reminds me of biscuits with blackberry jam.

I'll be bottling batch #29 to while away the time as the election results come in.

Probably bottling my Mild instead of waiting and watching for results to trickle in. So I will probably end up drinking about a pint of that including samples and that last little bit that doesn't fit in the bottle.

If I'm still feeling up to it then a bottle of something much stronger may be in order. Perhaps just some Woodford Reserve.

Craig

I'll be drinking homebrew: An awesome EPA, an Octoberfest ale (I'll use a different yeast next time), and an APA made with 5# of Vienna and 3oz of Pacific Gem hops; reminds me of biscuits with blackberry jam.

I'll be bottling batch #29 to while away the time as the election results come in.

Probably bottling my Mild instead of waiting and watching for results to trickle in. So I will probably end up drinking about a pint of that including samples and that last little bit that doesn't fit in the bottle.

If I'm still feeling up to it then a bottle of something much stronger may be in order. Perhaps just some Woodford Reserve.

Craig

I'm going to be bottling some centennial blonde myself tonight.

I'll be drinking some fresh Haus Ale while watching a DVD tonight.

No News, No Radio, No Internet. Just a relaxing evening with the family and I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be just another Wednesday. SSDD.

Haha, that's pretty funny Rev! Hmm, well I bought a four pack of Winter Welcome (never had it before, and I am not that impressed. But it'sokay) and teh SWMBO picked me up a St.Georges sampler, which so far is ok, but nothing to write home about. I think I'll work on them.

:mug:

Maybe an RIS or two but that's about it. My oldest is 9 and she's all excited to watch election coverage today since they're learning all about it in school so I'll be glued to the TV with her.

I going to drink Chezchvar all afternoon, then take a little nap about 5:00-6:00 and then drink a nice bottle of Merlot with dinner. ( kittens birthday ). kitten is what I call what you guys call a SWMBO only I don't call her that because unlike you wussies I don't let a female run things. she does what I say not the other way around.

Recently tapped Czech Pils and an all homegrown Cascade IPA.
That's my menu for tonight. And if things go the way I want them to, then cap it all off with a homebrewed version of Hair of the Dog's Adam. But my version is 16% ABV:drunk:

I know it's too early, and it's not ironic, but Avery's Ale to the Chief was brewed specifically to be consumed on Inauguration Day, January 20th 2009.

I have 10 gallons of homebrew awaiting force carbing but haven't gotten my CO2 filled.
So on Sunday I went election night beer shopping.
Saison Dupont
Ommegang Henepin
Ommegang Ommegeddon (never had this before)
St. Bernardus 12 (never had this either)
and then my buddy is bringing over some craft beer (not sure what but I'm really hoping for DFH).

Then I'm making some white bean chicken chili to wash it all down. Should be a fantastic night of voter disenfranchisement, high definition election maps, and of course drinking and eating.

I'm thinking I might crack open a bottle of The Dissident this evening, I haven't tried it yet and it's calling me.

I'll be opening my last bottle of an American wheat I named "Obamale." I'm sure the wheat was grown in Kansas, right?

Greg

Yes, I will go beer shopping as soon as swmbo gets home. I took the day off- kiddos weren't feeling well, had a fever yesterday, so I kept them out of preschool. Standing in line at the polls for an hour with sick twin 3 year olds isn't fun! I didn't think there would be that much of a line at opening (7am). Back to the beer:

I put a few bottles of a year-old batch of chocolate stout and 1 oatmeal stout in the fridge. I have a few older bottles of SN celebration ale that I hope have mellowed- it is normally a bit too bitter for me. I think I'll see if I can find a belgian (just to pop a cork) and a sixer of pilsner urqell or chzechvar.

Since it's the beginning of the holidays, I'll probably have a Tannen Bomb or two. If the Dither Bunny doesn't bring me what I wanted, maybe I'll have more.

16 % - ?? no **** ??

got a recipe ?

Sure, but I'll have post it from home.
It's basically Alan's recipe for Adam, then I just cranked it up to a 1.140 OG. It fermented down to 1.020 which gave it a 16.2% ABV. It was brewed beginning of Dec. 07, then fermented over two months, then lagered until beginning of October. It's bottled now, and will try one out on Dec. 6th.

Sure, but I'll have post it from home.
It's basically Alan's recipe for Adam, then I just cranked it up to a 1.140 OG. It fermented down to 1.020 which gave it a 16.2% ABV. It was brewed beginning of Dec. 07, then fermented over two months, then lagered until beginning of October. It's bottled now, and will try one out on Dec. 6th.

Methinks I would have one and die a happy man. :mug:

I'll probably finish off what is left of my altbier. There is only a couple of pints left though. After that, the only thing I have on tap is my American Wheat. In the upstairs fridge I have some hefe in bottles, and I think I might have a bottle of ESB, but I dont think I am going to be in the mood for either.

Ahoy hoy,
I picked up a case of Jubelale to either drown my sorrows or celebrate with. I also have a bottle of Stones Vertical 08 08 08 which, if like the first bottle i drank of it sat night, will put me in the twilight zone, if i need to go there.
Might still pick up a 4 pack of DFH 90 IPA for the fun of it.....
I bid you all a great day! :mug:

I have a corny of SNPA on tap but when the election results start definitively showing that Obama has won I must admit I will toast with some champagne.
:D

Some of my Oktoberfest ale, and no doubt a Wit since I will be kegging my Wit tonight and washing the cake. I also have a half pint of Belgian pale ale to drink up left over from when I bottled what was left in the keg today.

SN Harvest Ale! I bought a case of 24oz. at Costco, with the side benefit of using the bottles for gifts, parties and such. I think I like the straight harvest better than any other variation. Crazy head retention on this stuff! After draining most of the glass I top it off, and the beer doesn't break up the head...it flows OVER THE TOP of it!
harvest2008_bottle.jpg

I also have some Kolsch that is kegged and should be cleared up. I'll be testing that out tonight.

A couple of BM's OctoberFAST (that I made, not him) and a couple homebrewed pumpkin ales. They actually got a superb rating on Halloween, but that was by one 50-year-old dude who managed to get drunk and then smoke a bone right in front of the kids.

Moron.

Thankfully I don't live in Indiana anymore. I liked the state well enough, but they never got around to fixing the law that says you can't buy alcohol on election day (there are others, but I never lived in them). Of course, now I live in a "dry" county in Arkansas... Still haven't made it to the store, but I'm glad to see all the suggestions on what I should buy. :D

Terje

Back