Help with Black and Decker Wine Corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcranberry

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has used the Black and Decker Floor model wine corker. It was given to me recently, and this is how it came. I cannot figure out how to use the darn thing, and wonder if maybe some of the pieces are missing. I've googled it, and came up with nothing, so I'm hoping maybe somebody may have suggestions. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!
100_2776.jpg

Looks pretty basic to me. You put the bottle on the pedastal, put the cork on top of the bottle, and pull the lever down. That will drive the top black part down onto the cork driving it into the bottle. That black 6 sided knob looks like a height adjuster, you unscrew that to move the top contrivance up and down depending on your wine bottle height.

NOt to call BS, but are you SURE that's made by black and decker? I thought they just made power tools. I can't find anything on them either. Is there a model number or SN stamped anywhere on it?

Thanks for your posting. I can't find a serial number but it is indeed B & D. I've tried it again, and can't get it to work at all ;o( Still looking on google too but so far no luck.
WineCorker.jpg

I'm pretty sure that all the parts are there. What exactly can't you get to work? Is the handle not moving up and down? Is the little black plug at the top not moving? Do you have a LHBS close by? They may be able to see what's not working.

Put a wine bottle in it and take a picture of it lined up with the bottom 'jaws'. I'm just not seein what's going on with it.

There appears to be part missing that holds the cork in place when you insert it into the bottle.
BeeBee

I was about to say the same thing. There is nothing in which to set the cork. There needs to be something there to compress the end of the cork, and guide it into the bottle.

Latest posts

Back