Southern Oregon Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemouse5

Reaction score
I found this website on a Google search while looking for information and help on making Cider. I am new to everything in brewing. I figured Cider would be the easiest starting point. Besides, my wife doesn't like Beer very much. Cider was suggested and that allowed me to get started. My first batch is 6 days into 1st ferment.

Welcome! I am up in Albany. Also pretty new to brewing. Been doing extract beer on and off for the last several years. Recently I have been trying to brew more. Working on building an all grain set up.

I have never done cider before however it's something on the list to try sometime. Did you press your own apples?

Andrew

I did use fresh apples. My neighbor across the street has six different apple trees that are all a different variety and there is a city own lot around the corner from my place that has a dozen apple and pear trees. I waited a little too long to decide to make my first batch. The only tree with quality apples left is a red delicious. I missed all the pears this year. I am going to start another batch next week from store bought juice. Hopefully I can get a good recipe nailed down before next years crop.

Latest posts

Back