Bucker Brewing Winter Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine

Reaction score
Anybody ever had this brew in Cape Girardeau? I had it last winter and I loved it! I want to try to make something similar, but I have no idea what it was. At the time, all all I could say was "it's a gingerbread house in a glass!" Yeah, I know that's really helpful. No info about it on their website right now, maybe because it's August!

Holy crap, I was just thinking about Buckners today! I moved away from Cape a few years ago, but we used to have our "biology grad student association meetings" there. I will be in town a couple of weeks and I can't wait to get a plate of pub fries and see what's on tap.

P.S. I realize that this doesn't help you in any way. I was just really excited to see a post from home!

I'll try to remember to ask about it. I hear there is a decent homebrew store in Jackson now. Have you been there?

Yeah once. They also have a nice super nano brewery set up next door. I don't know if they r distributing anything yet.

Ok, so I asked about the winter ale. It has orange peel, ginger, nutmeg, and brown sugar (I think). The brewmaster said that he is probably going to use a lager yeast this year and call it the Yule Lager. He was very willing to answer any questions I had. You could probably just email him for the recipe. Hope that helps!

Back