Can Someone Help Decipher this Water Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradfordmonk

Reaction score
I got my water report...can someone help me with the numbers I need. They don't seem to be in PPM like i've seen elsewhere, so I'm confused.

Maybe someone could point out the numbers I need to be concerned about.

waterreport.jpg

mg/L is as near as makes no difference the same as ppm.
You should be interested in Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Chloride, Sulfate, and Alkalinity

-a.

Okay, great so I can just plug these numbers right into EZ water or Bru'n water. perfect.

Thank you!

You have 1.95 mg per liter of residual chlorine. This could cause off flavors. It appears to be a public water source. I would read up on how to remove chlorine from tap water. Otherwise the water appears to be pretty soft.

Yea i figured chlorine would be an issue from public tap. i'll make sure to get that removed...but it's good to know I can just use my tap water instead of buying deer park.

Looks good! Needs more Ca in most cases and the alkalinity might need a little acid neutralization for really pale beers and bolstering for really dark beers.

Latest posts

Back