Cheap digital scale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePonchoKid

Reaction score
I need a reliable scale to last me a long time. Right now it will be for recording DME in the 100s of grams, but eventually for hops and a substantial amount of grains.

Anyone have experience with a best bang for buck reliable go to for a scale?

damn, there's so many scales out there these days. Haha "Threatened by competitor" Kitchen scale my arse :) lol

I have been using Eatsmart Precision Pro for a few years with no problems. Consistent readings when I have opened previously weighed packages. No problem weigh hops or grains. When weighing grains I generally weigh about 5-6lbs at time, but I prepackage my sacks of base malts in 10lb bags to make it fairly easy on brew day.

I do have a seperate little gram scale for brew salts like the one mtodd22 linked

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see so many cheap and viable solutions out there. all thanks to rap music and the glamorization of pot... and martha stewart?

I ended up buying 2 scales for $40 shipped. This one to weigh grains. I can balance a 5 gallon bucket on it without any problems. And this one to weigh out my hops and salt additions.

Back