Stainless Thermowells

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stachiestach

Reaction score
Curios to know where you guys have purchased your stainless thermowells for the mash tun? I have found a couple sites offering them, but figured I would ask. What sizes did you end up going with, 2 1/2 or 4"? Thanks.

I just ordered a 4" thermowell from brewershardware.com for my RIMS tube. Bargainfittings.com is probably where most people are getting thermowells. I have purchased all my other SS camlocks there.

304 is fine for our purposes, I'd go with the 4" depending on how you are mounting it.

I don't use a thermowell in my fermenters, just tape the probe on to the side of the fermenter with a bit of bubble wrap over it for insulation. Seems to stay pretty dead on.

Ya I found that site, and they look pretty good. I also found these on ebay for a good price and cheap shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/THERMOWELL-304s...079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaff48457

I am going to be using this in a keg mash tun. Can I get away with the 2 1/2" or should I go witht he 4". Also is everyone using 304 or 316 SS?

Just remember you'll need to stir your mash. Too long will get in the way. I didn't mount one in my MT because I didn't want it in the way of my stirring. I use a thermocouple inserted into the mash and a probe inserted into my RIMS tube that goes to the PID.

Back