Blackberry Hef

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirate252

Reaction score
My roomie and I were thinking of some combos that sounded amazing and this is on of the tops ones on the list, but everywhere I look I cannot find blackberry flavoring, anyone have suggestions on where to find it, and if anyone has a recipe for something like this or something like a regular hef that would go great with some blackberry in it let me know :D

Use 2-2.5 lbs of forzen berries, pasteurize them with some water at 150F, then transfer them to the secondary, rack the beer into the fruit, age... Worked phenominally for my raspberry....

Brewpilot

I got blackberry extract from my LHBS; I'm sure you could order it online easily. The only other place that might have it would be a specialty foods store perhaps. I used raspberries for my wit, and it was much easier to pasteurize and add them than I anticipated.

I would highly recommend Oregon Fruit Products. http://www.oregonfruit.com/?pg=cp I've had excellent results using their canned fruit. They are already pasteurized and I add them directly to the secondary. I've never been a fan of extract flavorings, they always taste fake to me IMO.

Back