Cinnamon Sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigeltheBold

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a recipe for a brown ale. I've heard of people using brown sugar in brown ales, but has anyone ever used cinnamon sugar? I'm sure someone has experimented with it...

I want to add just a hint of cinnamon to the flavor of the beer. Nothing extreme though. How much cinnamon sugar should I use and when should I add it? If I were to use regular cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar), how much would I need to add, and when should I add it?

If cinnamon sugar is just sugar with a bit of cinnamon mixed in, I might as well just use regular cinnamon and maybe add some brown sugar to the beer as well. Thoughts?

I put two sticks on cinnamon in at the ten minute mark of the porter I'm working on and the first two weeks of fermentation. I don't really taste the cinnamon in the samples I've had, but the samples are enjoyable. Since cinnamon flavor is oil based, I think a longer time in the boil would impart more cinnamon flavor. Will try it next time I make one with cinnamon.

Back