Custom tap handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wreckinball9

Reaction score
other than a clear plastic cone, i cant find any tap handles to buy that can be integrated with your own logo/image.

does anyone have instructions on how to make a wooden tap handle that you can laminate a label on to or something of that nature?

Hmm... that gets me thinking...
I have been looking for a new wood working project to play around with.
I should do some research and come up with some plans.
I bet I could turn an awesome looking tap handle on my lathe.

thanks for bringing this subject up :p

wreckinball9 said:
other than a clear plastic cone, i cant find any tap handles to buy that can be integrated with your own logo/image.

I think you need to look harder. Check out Tap Handles Inc.

9557-taphandles.jpg

9557-taps.jpg

Boston said:

sweet, now i even know where to find the hardware for making the project work...

though i will probably do like i did with parts for my other brewing stuff...
go to my LHBS and get what they sell for WAY too much, then go to the
hardware store and find the exact same thing for far cheaper.
Example:
O-rings for my kegs.... three times the price at the LHBS over the hardware store
Tubing... four times the price at the LHBS as it is at Lowes

Now I am all for supporting my LHBS, but I think I will stick to buying my supplies from them, and get my hardware and books somewhere else, where there is not such a huge markup.

For a DIY project you can cut some small blocks (for your label) and pick up a couple small table legs at the local DIY store.

Cut the leg down at one of the indentations (if decorative), drill some holes for dowels and piece the 3 pieces together with the block in the middle...just a quick thought. ;)

Similar to this:

0f83_1.JPG

I recieved my order from taphandles.com recently. I got a pub style handle with the round shield, and it looks awesome. it seems to be excellent quality, and for about $24 plus $10 for shipping, it was well worth it.

I turned a couple this past weekend. One is better looking than the other, but I ran out of time. I have a plan for a new one that'll probably take me all day to turn/cut. I can't stand the multiple pieces of wood though. 1 piece of wood for the whole thing, and I'm thinking cherry.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=48377

Back