2 bars one keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakeman2058

Reaction score
Hey so i have a bit of a question here. At my house we just finished work on a second bar in a back room. While we have one that functions fine with a huge kegarator and CO2 line, we would like to also install a tap in the second bar. So my question is as follows:
Could we split the beer line to go to the other bar?
Building another kegarator is an option but would be a bit of a pain due to a small basement and only having a couple of CO2 tanks at a time. The second bar would not be used that often so devoting a whole CO2 tank seems a mite excessive. So I was thinking a y-split in the beerline that travels ~40ft to the other bar.
Why is this going to fail horribly?
Thanks for any help.

It would work as long as you can keep the 40 ft run cold. Otherwise, you're asking for a big foam issue at the second tap.

if its not used that often then it may not be very cost effective to keep ~40 ft of filled beer line cold 24/7.. if its just used for parties and such you could always just hook up the 2nd line when needed

if its not used that often then it may not be very cost effective to keep ~40 ft of filled beer line cold 24/7.. if its just used for parties and such you could always just hook up the 2nd line when needed

Possibly a shutof valve? So that when we are done with that bar we just close the valve then rain the line?

I'm going to propose a program to the Obama administration that takes home bars away from people with more than one and gives them to us 99%ers who do not have a home bar. I think it is your American duty.

Two home bars??? You have one heck of a wife. I think I would have to go gay and start a domestic partnership with another home brewer to pull off two home bars.

"Where should we watch the game tonight, honey, the sportsbar downstairs or the irish pub in the back room?"

Who's completely jealous??

<------THIS GUY :rockin:

One question, though. Where's the two year plan to build out a THIRD bar at your place?? I propose a craft beer strip club in the east wing that serves buffalo wings. You can call it "Snakeman's Cold Brews and Hot Chix."

Possibly a shutof valve? So that when we are done with that bar we just close the valve then rain the line?

Unless gravity is on your side, this isn't realistic. Just imagine how much beer is in 40ft of line. When i drain my 7 ft line, i get about 2 oz out of it. You're talking about an entire beer each time you want to shut that thing off. Then take into account the foaming issue if you can't cool that line.

2 bars huh? And only 1 tap? Time to get to adding about 9 more taps. Would it be more realistic for you to re-purpose a mini fridge and keep a 2nd keg at the 2nd bar?

Back