Looking for wood cask alternative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeICR

Reaction score
Having a big party this summer and want to wow the crowd. I make a hell of a helles, if I say so myself, and would like to serve it poolside from the cask. Is there a product out there that mimics a traditional wood cask? I want to use it for lagering, carbing (with sugar) and serving. I DO NOT want to use a corny or standard keg and/or my CO2. Any ideas?

like these!

85351001.jpg

Northern Brewer sells metal casks and all the stuff to dispense from them. Its under kegging, then choose casks.

If you're talking 2vol of CO2 then I'm sure it would, thats how they used to do them all in the old days. You'll have to secure the bung tightly as it carbs (pound it in with a mallet). The metal casks are a sure bet of course. I've done British bitters as a cask conditioned ale (dry hopped and fined) and the stuff is fantastic. Sure to impress.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnqvDLxwk3w]1/4 PINT CLAMP-ON PULLMAN HANDPUMP UNIT (BEER ENGINE) - YouTube[/ame]
There is the video for the Pullman Handpump Northern brewer sells, its a beer engine that you can just connect to a regular corny. It looks fantastic, I think its going to be the Xmas gift I end up giving myself.

Back