Look out lagers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awillis

Reaction score
I have recently discovered that my old freshman dorm refrigerator, that I have stared at for years, can conveintly store a 6 gallon carboy. I guess my next several batches will be lagers, damn.

awillis said:
I have recently discovered that my old freshman dorm refrigerator, that I have stared at for years, can conveintly store a 6 gallon carboy. I guess my next several batches will be lagers, damn.

I've been doing one for a week in the basement with the fermentaion bucket sitting in a cooler filled with water adding a frozen galon jug of watter in the morning and one at night its working out nicely temp. says around 50-55 :cool:..Good luck!

awillis said:

Don't use that old refrigerator until you get an external controller unit to control the temperature! Otherwise you will likely burn out that refrigerator in a very short time.

what size fridge is it? i have an old one from college at the folks place, it could hold two cases of beer in can form, including if we stuffed the little freezer... ;) i don't think it's deep enough to hold my six gallon carboy though, my full size fridge in the basement is. i should take that one over, but my honey would be right pissed off :eek:

Latest posts

Back