meade meade meade!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just put down another 11 gallons of meade!

1 with 1118
1 with 1116

to go with!
1 with D-47 (repitched!)
1 with Wyeast sweat meade yeast!

yeeeee had!

I have about 100 wine bottles.... and i have a month or 2 till i have to worry about it.

Im not gonna have a lot of time to brew, so i wanted to fill up all my fermenter!

gotta be productive :)

so... one looks liek meade fermenting

turning a nice yellow... the other.............................. um, repitch? probelm is, no idea which one had bad yeast...... my experiments suck! im gonna just stick to getting drunk

KTHXBAI

Do I need to send you a sharpie and some Duct Tape?

I use masking tape and a sharpie...

100_0815.jpg

I use masking tape and a sharpie...

100_0815.jpg

how do you rack out of there? it seems you would waste most with the end of cine... and bucket.... um... air portions? ie i had a one gallon bottle... and it was like, not work racking so i bottles it strait away... messy :(

so im doing someone wrong help me :)

how do you rack out of there? it seems you would wast most with the end of cine... and bucket.... um... air portions? ie i had a one gallon bottle... and it was liek, not work racking so i bottles it strait away... messy :(

so im doing someone wong help me :)

I guess I really don't know what you're asking, or saying for that matter, but I use a mini auto-siphon with gallon jugs. When I initially rack, I'll either rack into a smaller container or top off with some mead or wine from a second, samller container. I always make a little more in the primary for just that reason. I then allow that to ferment to dryness and rack onto a honey/juice mixture or just a straight honey dissolved in a small amount of water. This will make up for the lees left behind in the original fermenter. I rarely make gallon sized batches any more so I'll have a 4, 6, or 7 gallon primary and rack the excess into a gallon or half-gallon jug for topping.

I guess I really don't know what you're asking, or saying for that matter, but I use a mini auto-siphon with gallon jugs. When I initially rack, I'll either rack into a smaller container or top off with some mead or wine from a second, samller container. I always make a little more in the primary for just that reason. I then allow that to ferment to dryness and rack onto a honey/juice mixture or just a straight honey dissolved in a small amount of water. This will make up for the lees left behind in the original fermenter. I rarely make gallon sized batches any more so I'll have a 4, 6, or 7 gallon primary and rack the excess into a gallon or half-gallon jug for topping.

hhmm.. interesting idea :)

Back