Downtown Denver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblaster

Reaction score
Can anyone make a suggestion for good pubs in downtown Denver?

Staying at The Curtis (15th and Welton) and would like to try some of Colorado's finest. Which I hear is pretty fine these days...

Pubs or breweries?

If you're looking for breweries in downtown :
Renegade is a must- try the rye, the chocolate hefe, and the triple ipa.
Great divide
Trve
Breckenridge brewery (next to renegade - get the autumn ale )
Wit's end
Denver beer co
Strange brewery

There's one next to Coors field, can't recall the name.

For pubs:
Pints
Cheeky monk
Bull and bush
Freshcraft (killer food, great selection )
Falling rock (Pliny on tap )
Rackhouse pub - good food, good beer selection, and it's the stranahans distillery.

There are many more breweries, these are just the ones close to downtown.

If you like a good stout, you have to go to Great Divide and try the Yeti Stout.

tgmartin000 said:
Pubs or breweries?

If you're looking for breweries in downtown :
Renegade is a must- try the rye, the chocolate hefe, and the triple ipa.
Great divide
Trve
Breckenridge brewery (next to renegade - get the autumn ale )
Wit's end
Denver beer co
Strange brewery

There's one next to Coors field, can't recall the name.

For pubs:
Pints
Cheeky monk
Bull and bush
Freshcraft (killer food, great selection )
Falling rock (Pliny on tap )
Rackhouse pub - good food, good beer selection, and it's the stranahans distillery.

There are many more breweries, these are just the ones close to downtown.

This is a pretty good list but I would also add wynkoop and dry dock. Both excelent breweries.

if your in downtown only i would try denver beer co. they never brew the same beer twice(accept for the gram cracker porter). this is a very hip and trendy brew pub and can be hard to find a place to sit. great divide is always a good place to go and the beer is top notch... those are the ones i would go if i was limited to DOWNTOWN only... lots of other great brewpubs withing 5 miles of downtown denver.

Although you can get their stuff in bottles.their apa is great.

Also try some ska if You haven't. Modus hoperandi is killer. The beer shops all have great selections of local stuff. Argonaut is next to the cheeky monk, they have a good selection.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
Although Dry Dock is out in Aurora.

True but still well worth a mention. I guess without a car you are out of luck but if you have wheels its well worth the 10 to 15 minute trip.

I guess for me being in the springs I tend to make too little distinction between denver and aurora.

River North. Cool guys, and they're quite good. At 22nd and Blake.

and Falling Rock is 19th and Blake...Fresh Pliny on tap all the time :ban:

Yes it is . I did not see Vine Street mentioned on the list. This place has also really good food and Beer. Rent a Red bike for the day and check it out. They are the sister brewery the The Mountain Sun in Boulder. The Sun was one of my usual haunts when I lived in Boulder. http://www.mountainsunpub.com/

+1 to Denver Beer CO and Great Divide.

Breckenridge Brewery by Coors Field is great. They also have a lot of other Colorado breweries on Tap, so it's a great place to get a good selection

Back