Columbia SC.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be in W. Columbia SC on business the evening of March 27th. Hoping you guys could point me to a good brew pub.
Actual address I'll be working at is 201 Metropolitan lane.
Or if anybody is doing an AG brew that day I'd love to watch. Could even buy ya dinner afterwards on the company's dime! Whats better than that.

there's only 2 LHBS in columbia, the one closer to you will be Keg Cowboy in Lexington (should be less than 10-15 min from west columbia) they are a great supplier for brewing and even serve locally made brews, usually live bands n stuff at night too.

The Hunter/Gatherer is actually better than 'hit-or-miss' IMO. I have had some awesome brews there (ESB, Scotch Ale) and some fair ones but no bad ones so far. Its right behind the Capital building on S. Main St.

Another very good restaurant to try is in the Harbison area (northwest Cola) called the British Bulldog Pub. Nearby is Heller's german restaurant, and both have great beer selections.

Enjoy your stay!

The Hunter/Gatherer is actually better than 'hit-or-miss' IMO. I have had some awesome brews there (ESB, Scotch Ale) and some fair ones but no bad ones so far. Its right behind the Capital building on S. Main St.

Another very good restaurant to try is in the Harbison area (northwest Cola) called the British Bulldog Pub. Nearby is Heller's german restaurant, and both have great beer selections.

Enjoy your stay!

Most homebrewers around Columbia stay away from Hunter-Gatherer. Enough said.

Huller is horrible. Not worth visiting at all.

MC

Misplaced_Canuck said:
Most homebrewers around Columbia stay away from Hunter-Gatherer. Enough said.

Huller is horrible. Not worth visiting at all.

MC

Glad to know your the authority on this subject!

Glad to know your the authority on this subject!

Well he was right on one thing about Hullers. They only have a small selection of beers but the food is awesome if you like homemade German food. Mr. Huller makes his own brats and sauerkraut that are the bomb.

Back