Ok so i have a beer that in the primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalpysko

Reaction score
I want to know if I can go strait to bottle from my primary the time between each bubble is 1 min 24 sec is that kool for me to take it to the next step

Need more information - has the beer reached final gravity & cleared? In any case, you'll want to go to a bottling bucket. Siphoning from primary for bottling usually stirs up the yeast and makes dosing priming sugar more difficult.

nope. buy a hydrometer or at the very least, let it sit for weeks and weeks and weeks...

It's been sitin for about a week and a half now and there's no head just liquid my other beer is doing great though it had a nice head and just fermenting away

it all depends on whether or not you want a good beer if you dont care just bottle it and see what happens

Be patient. It will pay off. Give it a total of three weeks minimum. Then check gravity to make sure it's done.

Ur right I just have to relax

Right answer. I used to be jumpy and impatient and tried pushing my beers faster through the process. Then I think it was one of Revvys responses on patience and longer primary times that convinced me. I now make better beer by leaving it in a primary bucket for 4 weeks. Now, every time I rack over to bottle, my brew is crystal clear. Commercial beer clear!!

Back