Auto-siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thedagem

Reaction score
I have broken 3 of them since I've started brewing. They're cheap plastic, and they break. I brew a lot, and think a more sturdy solution would be great. I heard about something called a Mark Pump, but I also heard it can't be started dry. It needs to constantly have wort in it to be effective. that would mean I'd have to start it with an auto siphon anyway right? I'm not a total beginner, but could certainly use some help here. I'd like an electric pump I can hook up to my counterflow chiller to use to not only clean and sanitize said counterflow chiller, but use to get the wort going into my carboys. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I have broken 3 of them since I've started brewing. They're cheap plastic, and they break. I brew a lot, and think a more sturdy solution would be great. I heard about something called a Mark Pump, but I also heard it can't be started dry. It needs to constantly have wort in it to be effective. that would mean I'd have to start it with an auto siphon anyway right? I'm not a total beginner, but could certainly use some help here. I'd like an electric pump I can hook up to my counterflow chiller to use to not only clean and sanitize said counterflow chiller, but use to get the wort going into my carboys. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I think you are referring to the March pump. There is a ton of information on here about using these as well as it's cousin, the Chugger Pump. It's not exactly clear from your post what you use the autosiphon for, but you can prime a March pump via gravity.

That sucks, i thought my autosiphon is somewhat durable,ive bangged it around and dropped it a few times.Ive gotten alot better at handeling my hydrometer with care since i first dropped it after starting brewing in the first few months.
My solution was to not drink beer while brewing or bottleing until im done.Less mishaps.

Back