If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a standing invitation from a friend to make me a custom tap handle to round out my 4 tap kegerator. For some reason I am feeling a little uninspired.. I already have a Seahawks Tap Handle Pee Wee Herman Head (which creeps people out), and Custom made Twisted Sister logo tap handle (What can I say, 1984-85 are very memorable for me)... I was thinking it might be cool to add a He-Man action figure or something, but I don't know.. I think I am over the mid 80's theme and it's time for something new.. If you guys could have anything turned into a tap handle, what would it be and why?

I want to take some old/broken guitar necks and saw them off several inches below the headstock, keeping the tuners, frets and strings.

I currently have a Lycaonian obol from 258 A.D. depicting Percius holding the severed head of Medusa, I will be putting this in a sterling silver bezel inlayed into a tap handle for my Ferryman's ale, a nod to the tradition of placing an obol on the deceased persons tongue or eyelids to pay the ferryman for the journey to the afterlife.

Inspiration for a tap handle comes from my imagination, as well as the fact that I packrat loads of stuff away. I have a stone arrowhead I dug up 25 years ago on our property in WI that is just itching for a place on a handle.

A Oboe. How cool would it be to have a Oboe tap handle.

that would be one long tap handle, not quite as epic as having a bassoon tap handle, but still a big honkin tap handle. if I were going for musical tap handle I would stick to a cut guitar neck or even a kazoo or a harmonica

I would make it a Hitachi Magic Wand. My wife loves that thing!

I love that thing....

I busted out "bachelor party" from 1984 staring Tom Hanks and showed my wife that the magic wizzand is old school.

I am currently widdling away at a piece of wood for a tap handle its going to be a joke, and i call it a Az spotted WoodPecker ;)

-=jason=-

I want to take some old/broken guitar necks and saw them off several inches below the headstock, keeping the tuners, frets and strings.

I did that. I haven't got around to putting the strings back on it. I cut the headstock off my daughters WalMart special and drilled and tapped the bottom of it.

Doesn't look bad, but I really ought to wind some strings back on and rub off the "First Act" logo...

I should be shopping for a Darth Vader Bobblehead to mount on the other tap.

I've been on the Internet too long: the first thing that popped into my head was, "Your mom." :D

Hm...how about a taphandle with a little digital display telling you what's on tap? Like a tiny photo frame.

I'm totally doing that now :)

-Joe

There are some very cool ideas on here... I was thinking about the guitar neck idea as well.. I just need a POS guitar to saw it off...

I have a guitar neck thats broken. I'll look after work for it. If you want it its yours.

I have a hockey puck. What i really want is the butt-end of a hockey stick that was broken by a player in an NHL game. I have no idea how to go about getting one, but I think that would be cool

One of these would be kinda cool.

scroll2.jpg

The bent connecting rod out of my blown-up HEMI. :)

I'm wrapping up my keezer now and I'm a big car guy. I've been looking for months for car engine parts as tap handles. Camshaft, connecting rod, maybe a scaled down crankshaft, and maybe a shifter or something. Can't use the steel its just too heavy and leaves the tap open. A friend has access to a smelter so I thought about casting copies out of aluminum but that's a LOT of work.

Anyone seen car parts as tap handles?

I'm wrapping up my keezer now and I'm a big car guy. I've been looking for months for car engine parts as tap handles. Camshaft, connecting rod, maybe a scaled down crankshaft, and maybe a shifter or something. Can't use the steel its just too heavy and leaves the tap open. A friend has access to a smelter so I thought about casting copies out of aluminum but that's a LOT of work.

Anyone seen car parts as tap handles?

The parts you use need to be light, I have a small collection of aluminum connecting rods from my 572" 65 chevelle that were consumed beyond use while messing with a fogger system, not too heavy and would easily make a sweet tap handle, you could use a camshaft cut down to a reasonable size, how about a machined base with a gnarly bent up valve welded to it, that could be cool, for stubby handles a selection of aluminum roller rocker arms would be interesting as well

I currently have a Lycaonian obol from 258 A.D. depicting Percius holding the severed head of Medusa, I will be putting this in a sterling silver bezel inlayed into a tap handle for my Ferryman's ale, a nod to the tradition of placing an obol on the deceased persons tongue or eyelids to pay the ferryman for the journey to the afterlife.

Would love to see this when you get it finished.

How about a human femur? you can score imperfect scientific skeletons and misc bones from here, I buy them for Halloween projects, I have a matched set of skull end table lamps that I made from bits from this site,

I have a hockey puck. What i really want is the butt-end of a hockey stick that was broken by a player in an NHL game. I have no idea how to go about getting one, but I think that would be cool

They aren't from an NHL game (they are mine), but I made two tap handles from the butt-end of broken sticks.

How about some handcuffs, or a billy club, or a dart board, or a toilet. <<< These are the first things that popped into my head.

I was thinking about having a lifesized schlong cast out of that resin stuff, but my tap handle can only be about 8 inches long or it will hit stuff sitting on top of the kegerator. I don't want all my beer poured out accidentally.

I was thinking about having a lifesized schlong cast out of that resin stuff, but my tap handle can only be about 8 inches long or it will hit stuff sitting on top of the kegerator. I don't want all my beer poured out accidentally.

"Pouring your beer" prematurely, one might say?

All that length ain't worth a damn if you don't know how to handle it!

Back