Great customer service from morebeer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my order from morebeer.com. It's been a long time since I ordered from them- but they had an awesome special on 3 gallon kegs, and free shipping, so I ordered 5 pounds of specialty grains along with a sparge arm, the kegs, some hops, and a pound of oak chips for my wine. About $150 in all.

The kegs are like new! I mean, I know they are refurbished, but they don't have a sticker or any strange smells like some other used kegs I've received.

Anyway, my grains came crushed. I was like WTF? Who's going to use 3 pounds of crystal 60L and 2 pounds of crystal 120L in the next couple of weeks? It's already been a week since it was shipped anyway.

I sent an email telling of my disappointment, and that I didn't know that they grains would come milled. I got an almost instant response, asking for my invoice number so they could replace them! They told me that the grains don't come milled unless specified, and it was simply a mistake on their part. I backed down on my irritation immediately- and told them that there is no need to replace them. It would cost them more to replace than I spent on the grains (about $7). I'm sorry I sent such a bitchy email- if I had known I would get such a customer friendly response, I would have been nicer! The response was friendly, warm, and helpful. I most certainly was none of those things.

Anyway, it was a good experience all around. I've now dealt with almost all of the "bigger" online homebrew stores, and have good things to say about all of them. I'm going to make my next order from Brewmaster's Warehouse, just to spread things around, but AHS, Northern Brewer, Midwest, and morebeer have blown me away with their excellent customer service.

Good to hear.

I haven't ordered from MoreBeer yet; they always seem to be out of most of what I want. But I do keep a watch on their website. They have awesome specials now and then.

I ordered about 50 lbs of 10 different grains last week along with some misc supplies and they shipped it out the same day with free shipping. In the past I've had to wait about a week for the free shipping orders. I was shocked.

These guys are always great to me. I have heard a horror story here and there but never experienced it. I sometimes wonder if it is just the customer.

Someone bought me a gift certificate from them a while back and while ordering morebeer added $5.00 on because they charged for shipping the gift card when they shouldnt have. Something I never would have noticed but they did and made it right.

Sounds like they're finally getting things right. Now, to be fair, I've never ordered from B3, partially because they seem to have perpetual inventory problems and backorders dragged on and on for something as silly as a single packet of dry yeast.

I'm going to have to give them a shot when I need to replenish some supplies - but, seeing as my stores are pretty well stocked at this point, that might take a while. :)

Back