Awesome Find at the Grocery Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaltnHops

Reaction score
I just got back from Albertsons and I hit the BEST beer sale! I got 15 22oz beers for $36! H24 IPA, Stone Smoked Porter, Widmer Black IPA, Maudite, Shipyard XXXX IPA, etc. These beers are at least $5 each or more normally, but they were marked down to either $2 or $3.50 each. I
bought all they had. :)

Seeing how most of what you listed are IPA's, hopefully they aren't really old. Nothing worse IMO then an old IPA. And only reason I point this out is I too found some great hard to find Mikkeller beers at a store once and they were marked down from $6-$7 a bottle to $2.50 a bottle. I though HOLY S$&@ what a steal, until I cracked them open and they were all super syrupy and had no hop profile. Hopefully this isn't the case for you!! If they are still fresh then Awesome find!!

I've noticed that Kroger puts out old beers for their Make Your Own Six Pack. I always see a few DFH 90 Minute there when the 4-pack is more expesnive than 4 individual beers. Just make sure to check the dates.

Well the Pitch Black IPA, Columbus IPA and the Shipyard XXXX IPA tasted great to me. There were no dates on any of the three. The best before date on the Maudite is 4/14. The Stone Smoked Porter is out of date by 2 days.

MaltnHops said:
Well the Pitch Black IPA, Columbus IPA and the Shipyard XXXX IPA tasted great to me. There were no dates on any of the three. The best before date on the Maudite is 4/14. The Stone Smoked Porter is out of date by 2 days.

Sounds to me like you got a good deal then!!!

Back