The Brewpastor in BYO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drost

Reaction score
I just read the write up on your system in the new BYO!

Congrats on the great story!

I was going to subscribe to BYO if they ever sent me the free copy they offered. I only asked for it a month ago, so I'll give it another month. Sure wish I could see that article about BrewPastor, though.

Congrats Pastor. We all have seen your set-up, but now the world knows that you are a brewing machine.:rockin:
Why no pastor-like garb in the picture, you could at least wear a collar or a rosary?

Just got the Dec. issue of BYO today. There, in living color, is our own Brewpastor showing off a most wicked brewing setup. Granted, the two steam kettles DO look a lot like stainless toilets, but this is one more badass setup ! The mash tun is huge and pivots to dump spent grain into a wheelbarrow for easy dumping. The fermenters are glycol cooled. The whole kit rolls on wheels, but I didn't see a trailer hitch. I guess it's just semi- portable.

The one question I'm left with is this: How come when I have a road sign, it's stolen. When the Pastor has one, it's Salvaged?

Congratulations Tom!!

sudsmonkey said:
The one question I'm left with is this: How come when I have a road sign, it's stolen. When the Pastor has one, it's Salvaged?

I am a preacher and long ago discovered it is all in the choice of words. I could have said it was the result of some divine miracle, but that seemed too fundy to be believable. But I can honestly say it wasn't stolen!

I got a business reply card from BYO last month and sent it in to get a free copy of the thing, but it hasn't showed up yet. I hope this is the one they send me.

I got my Dec. issue this last Saturday but didn't get a chance to crack it open until yesterday evening. There I was, sitting in 'the library', flipping through the pages when I happened to catch the word 'Brewpastor' in print. "Whoa!", I thought to myself, "is that our Brewpastor?!" Sure enough, they mention New Mexico and there's his picture! "Holy crap, it's him!"

And man, oh man, what a nice set-up!:cool:

Congrats Brewpastor... still waiting for my issue, maybe be there tonight when I get home. :)

reading right now at work actually. Ive drooled over the pics so many times here on the forums, its like dejavu.

Hey Pastor, we may be heading up to Taos for some skiing in Jan. Mind if we stop in and take a tour of your brewery, sample some beers, get an autograph etc etc?

This is basically it with a pretty detailed description of everything.

It is interesting to see him standing next to his kettles so you can see how big they actually are. Pics don't seem to do it justice with nothing to scale it to

Chimone said:
reading right now at work actually. Ive drooled over the pics so many times here on the forums, its like dejavu.

Hey Pastor, we may be heading up to Taos for some skiing in Jan. Mind if we stop in and take a tour of your brewery, sample some beers, get an autograph etc etc?

Mi cervezaria, es su cervezaria. Let me know if it works out and we can set up the details.

Chimone said:
This is basically it with a pretty detailed description of everything.

It is interesting to see him standing next to his kettles so you can see how big they actually are. Pics don't seem to do it justice with nothing to scale it to
I was looking at NM on Google Earth and spotted BP's kettles. Must have been a brewday.

Baron von BeeGee said:
I was looking at NM on Google Earth and spotted BP's kettles. Must have been a brewday.

It actually is my private plot to cause chaos by reflecting large amount of light into the sky.

I just got mine tonight. . .

Congrats on your moment of fame, Brewpastor.

My wife now thinks I'm in this way toooo much seeing how fired up I was to get this issue.

:mug:

I'm gonna second that request for a scan... I can't see me getting my hands on a copy before I move back to the states (FPO addresses get REALLY backed up over the holidays, and I'm moving into temporary housing Dec. 1rst when we close on my house here)

If anyone could post a scan, or email one to me, or however... I would love to read the article!

Wow, Tom, awesome spread there! I just got my BYO today (MOVING SUCKS!).

If I didn't already know you and had seen that in the magazine, I'd prolly have a MUCH different opinion of you. :D Your system is just truly amazing.

Congrats on being the envy of many homebrewers!!!!! ;) :mug:

i finally saw it too, nice pics and congrats! :rockin:

Is BYO mail order only (suspect so) or do they stock a little at a Barnes and Noble? Hmm, maybe my LHBS as well.

LHBS's usually carry it, and I know Borders Books does around here, so maybe B&K does.

Seriously speaking though, has anybody ever seen a more impressive system in that column? I haven't, but I've only been subscribing for a little over a year.

I just picked up my copy from the LHBS. The size of that setup is deceptive. I've seen pics before, but with you standing next to it, well that's just huge! :mug:

Just picked up the issue this week. Looks great Brewpastor! I had to tell everyone at the LHBS that I know you. :D
Maybe a bit of a stretch but not a total lie. :mug:

Back