Leaving Starsan in a corney three days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befus

Reaction score
Occasional posts advise caution about Starsan and SS, but never really in any detail. My question is that if I have refurbed a corney by replacing the o-rings and reassembled, can I put a gallon of Starstan solution in it to sanitize, seal it and pressurize it, and then leave it in there until Wed. (two days) so I can use it to run through by beer line before hooking up the keg?

I have had a keg with starsan in it for probably about 8-12 months, I use it to sanitize my keg lines and other kegs as I will transfer it to and from that keg. I haven't seen any problems with the stainless.

I agree with the previous posters. Whenever I clean out a keg I always leave a qt. or two of starsan in there until I use the keg again, which could be a few months later.

Yea, starsan will eat corrodable metals like aluminum, but stainless is its natural habitat. I keep a keg of DH20 starsan around at all times.
If anything the starsan is cleaning my keg.

Back