recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

payton34

Reaction score
i would like to know what everyone thinks of this. 10 lbs 2row 1 lb crystal 60 1lb of flaked wheat. 4 four ounce additions of spruce tips . 60 min 40 min 20 min 10 min. and a package of safale us 05. makes a 5.5 gallon batch

payton34 said:
i would like to know what everyone thinks of this. 10 lbs 2row 1 lb crystal 60 1lb of flaked wheat. 4 four ounce additions of spruce tips . 60 min 40 min 20 min 10 min. and a package of safale us 05. makes a 5.5 gallon batch

Sounds interesting to say the least. What exactly are you going for here. The base looks like something of a pale ale? Is that what you're going for? I've never brewed with spruce, but I say go for it!!!

the spruce tips will take the place of hops. i took a handfull of tips and boiled them in a few cups of water and made a tea out of them to test the flavor. kinda minty mentholy but not overpowering. didn't know if i might need a small hop addition or not. i din't want it too sweet.

Latest posts

Back