This Could Be Epic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has talked about brewing for awhile. He was talking about going and buying a kit when a guy at work overheard him and said he had everything he needed.

Long story short, the guy had brewed back in the late 90's and gave him everything in his collection, including 3 cases of beer he brewed in '97. He has no idea what style they are, but they've got over a decade of bottle conditioning. They are in the fridge chilling and we're about to uncap a mystery.

I know this means nothing to anybody else, but I'm just excited to find out what's inside those bottles. I'll keep you informed.

Here's a pic for all of you old timers... Apperantly this guy never botheed peeling labels.

beer19.jpg

At least 2 of those bottles have a "ring of recapping" from the returnable bottle era. Enjoy!

So far it's a sweet, creamy brown ale with a molasses nose. The "ring of recapping" must have done it's job because it was perfectly carbonated. It's way better than the Miller Lite of yore that used to be in the bottle.

WOW! Think of the history that has blown by while these things have been aging!? Amazing! It's bottled treasure!

my grandfather was into homebrewing but gave it up, said the best batched he ever brewed aged 8years

Back