Heady Topper for Dark Lord & Other FFF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FourSeasonAngler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have Dark Lord 2013, looking for a case of Heady Topper (6 four packs). Can also add other FFF brews or Chicago craft beers.

Available beers for trade other than DL:
Dark Horse Brewing Co. Plead The 5th Imperial Stout
18th Street Sinister DIPA
Spiteful Brewing G.F.Y. Stout
Great Divide Brewery Espresso Oak Aged Yeti
Half Arce Co. Chocolate Camaro
Pipeworks Brewing Co. (too many to list)
Dryhop and Beygle Johnny Quest Black IPA
Goose Island Bourbon County 2011
Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA(x5)
Goose Island Juliet
Goose Island Madame Rose
Goose Island Big John
Goose Island Nightstalker
Revolution Bottom up Wit cans
Revolution Rosa Ale cans
Bells Black Note BA stout 2012
3Floyd Permanent Funeral
3Floyds Tiberian Inquisitor

Willing to negotiate. I understand that a case of Heady will cost a bit to ship, and willing to match quantity/value.

I also brew a damn fine Belgian Golden Strong that is coming up on 1 year in the bottle.

id be willing to attempt this but not for a case of heady. shipping a case of heady would probably be in the 30-50$ range. I just shipped out an almost case to zamaman out in ca and it was 41$. pm me with something possibly more reasonable if interested. i recently traded for a 2011 DL through this forum for just over $4$ with some HF stuff! no offense.

Yeah I gotta agree sorry man but that's crazy! Is it barrel aged or something? The no one should pay $115 for an $15 beer. I think personally 2 times $4$ is the max for shelf vs rare (DL not that rare) so I think 9 cans is pushing it considering that there's tons of DL.

Sorry to ruin thread but if you want the trade to happen you will need to lower your trade hopes.... Also on a side note once someone shows that they want to win trades every time people stop trading with them. Hook people up and you got long term connections.

I agree, 9 cans is even. If you include the ticket cost, $35. Plus $15 per dark lord. You are then at $80. Divide by 3 bottles and its $26 per bottle. This is my valuation on DL, and how I traded mine. People agree with me and are happy to trade at that rate.

Heady is a $13 four pack. So 2 four packs are right about even. But, for the OP's sake, you can ask what you want. You will eventually find someone willing to take an offer at a higher value. You would need to open your ISO criteria though.

That said, I bought overpriced dark lord to trade away....hoping I can find a trader willing to get close to my asking price lol

I have other beer available. Mentioned that in my OP. Also offered to swap shipping charges with an interested trader (I pay to ship the case, you pay to ship your bottle choices).

I'm not looking to win, I just want a case of Heady.

If anyone with Heady access has a list of "want" beers, post them up. I'm serious about making a good deal for both interested parties.

You include the price of the ticket in the cost of the bottle?

You include the price of the ticket in the cost of the bottle?

I do. It's what it costs me to buy dark lord. I can't get dark lord without it. Unless I trade. It's not an unfair valuation. People gladly trade $25 bottles of beer for dark lord.

You could also ignore the ticket cost. Then its valued at $15 plus its a brewery only release. That adds value. No matter how you put it together, its worth about $25-$30. In a $4$ trade.

TheMan said:
I do. It's what it costs me to buy dark lord. I can't get dark lord without it. Unless I trade. It's not an unfair valuation. People gladly trade $25 bottles of beer for dark lord.

You could also ignore the ticket cost. Then its valued at $15 plus its a brewery only release. That adds value. No matter how you put it together, its worth about $25-$30. In a $4$ trade.

I get the ticket thing but I feel like that's a gateway to add on extra costs. I don't charge extra for gas for the 3 hour round trip to hill farmstead. But we all agree that even with the op paying for shipping on both sides a regular DL is not worth 72.50

You can take that **** attitude to BA or RB. It isn't welcome here.

You can take your elitism and slide it in next to the broom stick buddy.

The OP SECOND SENTENCE made clear that I expected to add other FFF brews and/or Chicago area craft brews.

If users can't get to the second sentence without making a foolish reply, then they need to re-read the FAQs.

Is that so? You sent me a PM first and said that you would pay for shipping on the DL and the case of heady. Then asked if we had a deal. Only after I said no thanks did you respond back saying that you would add on a 3F permanent funeral. Again I declined. People on this forum look out for each other and try to make sure people are aware of trades that may be not so good and even too good.

Yes, negotiating is what I believe they call that. I don't know what beer you'd like in trade... Your original apprehension was over the cost of shipping and the value difference between a bottle of DL and a case of Heady. I took the shipping cost out of the equation, and offered another fine beer to bring the value up. Have I not been accommodating?

If you flat out would not like to ship a case of Heady then the negotiations can end here.

A case of Heady is what I want, and I'm willing to barter in a fair and reasonable way with someone who would like the beer I have listed. Excuse me for being vague in my OP about my beer list, but it was quite clear that I had other beers to offer besides DL.

TheMan said:

It cost me a plane ticket to get there, should I split that up for bottle cost? I look at the cost to get in as the cost to watch the bands and enjoy other beers on tap, And have the opportunity to take part in the big tastings that have beers that are not usually accessible. I would pay to get in even if I could not purchase DL. I can understand different people's take on it though.

FourSeasonAngler said:
Yes, negotiating is what I believe they call that. I don't know what beer you'd like in trade... Your original apprehension was over the cost of shipping and the value difference between a bottle of DL and a case of Heady. I took the shipping cost out of the equation, and offered another fine beer to bring the value up. Have I not been accommodating?

If you flat out would not like to ship a case of Heady then the negotiations can end here.

A case of Heady is what I want, and I'm willing to barter in a fair and reasonable way with someone who would like the beer I have listed. Excuse me for being vague in my OP about my beer list, but it was quite clear that I had other beers to offer besides DL.

Hmm... Yeah I think we all recognize your brand of negotiating.

Even if this was just a big misunderstanding of your original offer, I'd have to say good luck making a trade happen now after the way you've chosen to respond to it.

It cost me a plane ticket to get there, should I split that up for bottle cost? I look at the cost to get in as the cost to watch the bands and enjoy other beers on tap, And have the opportunity to take part in the big tastings that have beers that are not usually accessible. I would pay to get in even if I could not purchase DL. I can understand different people's take on it though.

The way I see it, any person that wanted to buy dark lord had to buy a ticket and then the dark lord. Regardless if you live 5 mins or 5 states away. It is static for every person. I do see nick and your feeling that its a gateway to such things as adding travel cost, but I think that is stretching it a bit.

No matter how I came up with it, its in line with the value others put on it as well. Nick stated 9 heady toppers for one dark lord, that's $26 of HT for the DL...I have the same value asssociated as you guys. And to be honest, its just a different valuation than just giving a random value because it is a "brewery only release". There is no real $ to put on that aside from shelf beer vs brewery beer.

I just stated my own valuation of the beer. I am not out to ruffle any feathers here. Everyone has their way of doing things.

Even if this was just a big misunderstanding of your original offer, I'd have to say good luck making a trade happen now after the way you've chosen to respond to it.

A case of Heady is a tall order to fill. I understand that... but, is it really too much to ask that folks keep a thread on topic?

I guess I'm the a-hole for being stern with my fellow HBTrs. Are we not all grown men? I can't believe people would be so foolish as to completely disregard the OP, yet be offended when called out on it... but c'est la vie.

Listen, my personal background is a bit more Full Metal Jacket and much less Mr. Roger's Neighborhood... With that in mind, consider my swipe at the the literacy of the threadjackers more as a wtf moment. Made a mistake, move on...

I've had Heady Topper, and love it. I'd like to share with friends, family, guests, etc. A few cans will not last very long and I am honestly willing to make someone with access to Heady a very good deal. Without bluntly saying I'll give you whatever you want, there isn't much more I can say to express how willing I am to make a good trade.

I just stated my own valuation of the beer. I am not out to ruffle any feathers here. Everyone has their way of doing things.

At this point, I'm not sure if the trade value is the point here, anymore. I wasn't even going to butt in until the guy started bashing people. I don't think that is acceptable, regardless the trade. You are kind of at the mercy of whoever has what you want.

TheMan said:
The way I see it, any person that wanted to buy dark lord had to buy a ticket and then the dark lord. Regardless if you live 5 mins or 5 states away. It is static for every person. I do see nick and your feeling that its a gateway to such things as adding travel cost, but I think that is stretching it a bit.

No matter how I came up with it, its in line with the value others put on it as well. Nick stated 9 heady toppers for one dark lord, that's $26 of HT for the DL...I have the same value asssociated as you guys. And to be honest, its just a different valuation than just giving a random value because it is a "brewery only release". There is no real $ to put on that aside from shelf beer vs brewery beer.

I Think valid arguments on both sides. A similar example would be me being a Bruery reserve society member. I do not pass along my membership cost to the people I trade, and give them the discount that I receive also.

and offered another fine beer to bring the value up. Have I not been accommodating?

You offered him a Permanent Funeral? No offense, but every Binny's in town had that on the shelf for $10... it's a really good beer, mind you, but not enough to justify that trade.

You offered him a Permanent Funeral? No offense, but every Binny's in town had that on the shelf for $10... it's a really good beer, mind you, but not enough to justify that trade.

I have no idea what that bottle of beer cost, it was a gift as are most of the beers in my bomber collection. Knowing that now, I would have offered at least a few more bottles of other beers to make an even trade.

I Think valid arguments on both sides. A similar example would be me being a Bruery reserve society member. I do not pass along my membership cost to the people I trade, and give them the discount that I receive also.

I agree, but The Bruery is a different animal. I don't even try to put a dollar figure on them since I know about the $300 a year membership. Those come down to exactly what Javier stated, and something I put in my first post, it costs what the guy wants for it. I always throw in something extra for a Bruery beer since i know that extra cost for membership is there.

Anyway, back to the topic...sorry op!

I got this!

ForumRunner_20130523_145427.png

bwahahaha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back