Need Logo Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfoxpt

Reaction score
I am returning to home brewing after a long time off with kids. I am converting from college stove top to a all grain setup. It is has been great lurking here for ideas in restarting.

It seems like there may be a few underemployed designers out there. I would love to trade gift certificates for a logo for my brewery and bottle labels. I would like a label file that I can use as a template for each brew. I don't have enough creativity to come up with one, but can probably figure out enough of Inkscape to alter one.

I would like to call my brewery the Sleepy Fox Ale House (based on last name and a subtle dig at SWMBO) but am open to ideas. My nickname is unfortunately Buckethead, so that could be a possibility.

I prefer classic simple designs, earth tones, and want to be able to record when the beer was brewed and bottled to allow easy monitoring of conditioning.

I am an open minded Berkeley grad who loves different perspectives, so I will not be offended in any way. I welcome any and all input.

Any takers?

I'd be happy to help you out.
Send me a pm with any additional information you think will be helpful.

Thanks for your reply Matt. COY is working on a logo and what he has so far looks great. I appreciate your relying though.

Thanks.
here is the start, I'll post updates as we go per our conversation. Sketched this up for Sleeping Fox Ale House. Will be vectoring(redrawing it in Illustrator) it soon.
sleepingfoxAleHouse.bmp

Great prelim sketch Coy! I kind of like the rough look & the notebook paper is actually pretty cool; reminds me of Stick Figure Theatre. I think just cleaning up the text & keeping the notebook paper look would look great on a bottle or tap handle. Regards, GF.

Thanks

It should have this type of feel to it when done if Kfoxpt likes it.
jecrt-albums-various-logos-picture932-brookdale-pet-center-pet-store-nj.gif

I thought it was Sleepy Fox not 'Sleeping"??? I like Buckethead better for a brew name anyway. Sleepy Fox sound like a winery...

Here is the first draft to see what you think so far. after the logo is done we'll work it into a lable that can have the beer and other information added as needed.
Logo-SleepingFoxAleHouse.jpg

That is awesome Coy!
Thanks; my friend/associate (Joshua here at HBT) did the vector work since this style is more his specialty. I think he did a great job converting my sketch. :D

That is a nice logo, but wasn't the name "Sleepy Fox"?
Thanks
He was between sleepy fox and sleeping fox. but it's an easy change to sleepy fox, if ken wants it changed to that. ;)

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Just plain awesome. I can't get over the progression from the sketch. It's leavin' me with a s**t eating grin. You guys are doing great work. I love the brew pot detail in the alehouse. And the smoke in the "o". And the wood detail...

glad you approve :D

I'll be out all weekend brewing my first batch of gopher pale ale, but will update on Monday. just PM me or joshua with any changes needed/wanted/added.

You guys continue to be awesome. I like the blue color better and lightening the shading in the fox makes a big difference. I wonder about the boxes on the label for brew dates, style, and name though. I am worried that lettering on the white background may overwhelm the fantastic logo that should be the center of attention. What about continuing the background color through those spaces and then setting them off with a light shaded box or switching to a dark colored bar across the bottom for all the label specifics? This is really a joy to see the evolution of the logo/label. :D

I was playing with an idea just now.
what do you think of this background. yeah it's a little busy. but it was a thought. lol
beerlable-background.jpg

What if you make the contrast between the hops and the background more subtle and make the hops more similar in color. It may initially appear to be random, but then more apparent on second look?

I can do that tomorrow. I've just shut down everything :( lol..
There are also some wheat in there that you really can't see well.

I could also go a little grund with it and have it fad off a bit. but it was a quicky. lol

Now we're talking.
Now we're walking.
We're talking, we're walking,
we're definitely not balking.

You're are great,
You're not late,
A mighty fine job my not late, great, mate.

Fox is happy,
Fox is sappy,
Fox is a slappy happy pappy.

:ban::ban::ban:

haha - nice! Glad you like it!:mug:

Now we're talking.
Now we're walking.
We're talking, we're walking,
we're definitely not balking.

You're are great,
You're not late,
A mighty fine job my not late, great, mate.

Fox is happy,
Fox is sappy,
Fox is a slappy happy pappy.

:ban::ban::ban:

Coy and Josh, the logo/labels are fantastic, way better than I hoped. I am humbled by what you guys have created. This has been a real pleasure and makes returning to brewing and doing it right feel that much better. I now hope that my beer rises to the professionalism of the logo. Once I get a batch together I am happy with, I will pm you for addresses and mail you some of your completed work. :mug:

thanks so much for the kind words! Really glad you're happy with the work.:mug:

we'll also be holding you to your word!! :tank:

Once I get a batch together I am happy with, I will pm you for addresses and mail you some of your completed work. :mug:

Back