citra whole leaf WET/FRESH hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
ok, dumb question on use of these.
going to preorder them, and was wondering if i need to use them as soon as they arrive or can they "keep" until the weekend after arrival?

best way to store them until the weekend.

of course all of this does not occur until after harvest, but I want to brew up the zombie dust recipe and I am trying to get my ducks in a row before hand.

thanks for your feedback. :cool:

hmm

i would guess by putting them in the fridge, possibly under a slightly moist paper towel, they would be able to keep for a little while. but im just guessing here, based on the fact that things like lettuce and spinach and other leaf-y things dont dry out in the fridge.

I will be curious to see the responses to these questions. From what I understand, they have to be used pretty quickly, which is why it is such a treat to get a wet hopped beer. I heard "within 24 hours of picking," but that comes from a know-it-all friend who is not a brewer by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck-

You can freeze them, but for the most part you are better off if you use them immediately. They will detiorate very quickly while still wet.

I can't recall where I heard / read it but it was strongly suggested that it go from the FedEx guys hands to the boil kettle. They should be shipped overnight. Maybe even priority overnight.

Back