Oxy Clean dilution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrummerBoySeth

Reaction score
I was wondering what dilution rate is best for using oxy clean to wash/soak bottles prior to bottling. The container has instructions for laundry and carpet and outdoor patios, but not beer bottles (of course). I want the solution to be strong enough to be effective, but still rinse off easily. Any suggestions?

I probably go overkill but I use 3 scoops of oxiclean with a 10 gallon rubbermade to remove labels. They come off in about 2 hours without any labor at all. Rinse about 3 times and it's clean.

Yea that's over kill... I use about a third scoop in 5 gallons to clean and soak labels. Bucket is under slop sink and I just stick the bottles on it till its full. Then I just rinse off the bottles, maybe peal a label or two and scoop the rest of the labels out of the bucket when I'm done. New Belgian ans schafley labels usually fall off by the time I'm ready to clean the bottles.

Back