Only time i'll ever give props to Anheuser-Busch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did the same with the floods in Iowa, still a couple cans for sale in town.

Admittedly, I didn't read the cited article, but in what context are they "making" water?

My initial assumption would be that they are treating a municipal water supply to optimize for drinking.

Some things are beyond politics and beyond everything else. It is human nature to want to help when you see human suffering. It's the sort of thing that gives ya hope for thew future.

Cool. I had some canned water before, that was commercially sold that way. A bit weird but tasted fine. It's probably pretty easy for them to can up a bunch of water.

PR stunt?

No, they've been doing it for EVERY North American disaster, and many world wide disasters since the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906. The first time I ever heard about it was 9-11.

It makes sense for a brewery to do it. They have sanitary bottling/canning lines.

They actually also bottle water in real Budwieser cans and bottles for certain entertainers who may be sponsored by them, or have a rep for being hard drinking, but who don't drink any more, or don't want to drink during shows. George Thorogood back in the 80's and 90's with the song "I drink alone" actually wasn't drinking booze (I don't know if he was in recovery or what) yet would be expected to crack open a beer during that song. In reality it was plain old water.

I have never considered AB to be any better or any worse than any other huge corporation. I have no concerns about what they do to people. I'm just worried about what they do to beer.

Back