Seattle, WA trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach9

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just landed in Seattle today, looking for places (read breweries/pubs) to go. Any suggestions appreciated....mindful I'm on foot or public transit and in the heart of Seattle

Brouwer's and Stumbling Monk if you like Belgians and truly unique beers. They're both two of the best pubs in the city. Sumbling Monk is probably easier to get to, it's in Capitol Hill. Brouwer's is in Fremont but definitely worth the slightly longer bus ride.

Also, Feierabend is a great lager pub with a good vibe and a dozen or so German and Czech Lager taps. It's really close to downtown. Awesome pretzels, fried pickles and German fare– a rare thing for Seattle.

Naked city. Run by a member here. I think it is up north? Greenwood or something?

I was also going to say Naked City 85th and Greenwood, somewhat north of the Greenlake neighborhood. Has got to be one of the best!

Cruise up Phinney Ridge and stop by Prost, 74th St Alehouse on your way north. On your way back downtown via Aurora (Hwy 99) stop by Das Über.

Circle complete! Check it I made a map to help! Phinney Ridge great pubs tour

Check out the bus route up there, it is very simple!

Uber tavern on 75th and aurora is great. hundreds of bottles, usually about 8 micros on tap and people who know beer behind the bar. the pizza place that delivers there is awesome, too.

Not beer related, but best pizza I've ever had is served at Serious Pie. It's close to downtown & Pike pl. Market on Virginia St. You could always drink beer with your pie. It's a bit pricey (for pizza), but worth it (imo). No reservations!

Pike Brewing Company was a cool place to hang. It's near the Pike market, 1st Ave area. Owl N Thistle reminded me of a good Irish pub. There was an awesome lounge that is in some corner across from Pike Brewing Company or a block after the museum. Those bartenders no how to make great mixers. You should download an application for happy hours because Seattle has so many places for drinks!!! At Pike, my bartender (she was cool as hell) said Seattle has the most happy hour places. Starbucks even does happy hours as well.

Uber tavern on 75th and aurora is great. hundreds of bottles, usually about 8 micros on tap and people who know beer behind the bar. the pizza place that delivers there is awesome, too.

I second that and if you don't like pizza just head up N 67th St. to Greenwood Ave and have a Red Mill Burger best burger you'll ever eat CHEERS!:mug:

P.S. Kind of small but has a nice fire pit for warming up from the cold nights and a couch.

+ 1 for Brouwer's, Naked City, and Uber Tavern.

If you don't feel like traveling out of downtown you can go to Tap House Grill. The food isn't amazing or anything, but they do have ~160 beers on tap. They are out of things from time to time, but you should be able to find something you like there.

Red hook is always a fun place to go. They have their regular beers on tap ( blonde, ipa, esb) and also have a couple special beers. They have a cask beer on tap as well

sorry i'm not contributing too much here, but damn, seattle is an awesome place. just thinking about it makes me sad that it is so far away. :(

Plus one to brouwers. Definitely my favorite spot in seattle. The hop fest and barleywine festivals there are worth another plane flight out

There's a cozy little place near the space needle called Nabobs that I love. More of a neighborhood bar, but they have Mannys pale and Stella IPA from Georgetown brewing. GREAT place to hoist a few if you want a lower-key joint.

muthafuggle said:
There's a cozy little place near the space needle called Nabobs that I love. More of a neighborhood bar, but they have Mannys pale and Stella IPA from Georgetown brewing. GREAT place to hoist a few if you want a lower-key joint.

Isn't Georgetown's IPA called Lucille?

Not beer related but definitely find time to wander around the pike place market. One of the most interesting markets of its type that I have ever seen. Pike brewing is right there too.

crazybluerider said:
Not beer related but definitely find time to wander around the pike place market. One of the most interesting markets of its type that I have ever seen. Pike brewing is right there too.

Pike's kilt lifter scotch ale is pretty tasty

bengerman said:
Isn't Georgetown's IPA called Lucille?

Yes it is, and I am dumb.

In my defense, my wife just adopted a dog and named it Stella and.... I really have no excuse. But the dog's name is Stella.

Yes it is, and I am dumb.

In my defense, my wife just adopted a dog and named it Stella and.... I really have no excuse. But the dog's name is Stella.

it's all good. i've only had it once, and it was with my boss. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't *that* drunk that night.

Back