lemonade ice tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknhardcider

Reaction score
So I just started a half n half and lees is building on top of the juice. Is this normal? It actually went in the airlock had to clean it out.

How did you put the tea into the must? I'm assuming you used tea in bulk or in a teabag. Did any of the leftover tea make it into the secondary? That would be my guess as to what's floating at the top. Do you have a pic?

This is in the primary and bulk Arizona sweet tea. Having trouble with the picture but its just like the lees at the bottom. I scooped it out cleaned the airlock and put back on.

Do you stir it everyday? When it's in the primary I stir it to punch the cap that forms and to introduce oxygen for the yeast. I avoid putting an airlock on until it's in the secondary.

I use a food grade bucket for a primary and keep a lid loosly on it. The lid has a hole and I mainly keep the lid on to keep out any bugs that may try to get in. You can use a spoon to just stir it around for the first couple of days and then rack it into a secondary. Once in the secondary then put the airlock on it.

Thanks I have a rubber stopper in with a hole gonna leave it for a week then move it to a secondary

Latest posts

Back