How many home brewers are in Queens/NYC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzamba

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a rough estimate of the number of home brewers are in Queens and in NYC.

Fantastic. How long have you been brewing? I guess you're an apartment brewer like me.

i live in lower westchester currently and I too am an apartment brewer. For the record, my first brew was done in my brothers apt in long island city. We had to move the operation to my place once we went all grain.

Brooklyn here, though I was in Astoria until a year ago.

I am a stovetop all-grain brewer. Waiting for the boil takes a while...

I just hate the lack of a LHBS. Plus I can't really get deliveries to my building, so I have to get my stuff delivered to work and lug it an hour home on the subway. People get nervous when they see me with a corny keg.

I just hate the lack of a LHBS. Plus I can't really get deliveries to my building, so I have to get my stuff delivered to work and lug it an hour home on the subway. People get nervous when they see me with a corny keg.

I know the feeling! I just take it home from work in the orig box. One time I got on the LIRR with a blue 15 gallon fermenter. The conductor asked me what was in it, when I told him it was empty he looked pretty relived. I guess he would have had to fill out reports and stuff if it was filled with wmds.

NYCHG is very helpful. 4rd Tuesday of every month at 7:30 Burp Castle. Garret Oliver is a founding member and he showed up at the meeting last month as a guest speaker. A bunch of us are taking the BJCP Exam in July so we have weekly classes next door at Jimmy's #43. That's every Tuesday 7:30. The more the merrier.

I'm gonna go to the next one... is it this Tuesday (19th)? Do y'all sit around at one table? Not sure how to enter the fray as it were...?

Back