quick loss of carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
I have an amber ale that tastes very good, pours with a nice head out of the keg and is carbonated to about 2.5 vol/co2. Now, the head doesn't hang around too long, and it seems to lose carbonation rather quickly. I'm stumped as to why, and seari results haven't gotten me very far.

Has anyone else had this issue before? It's only this beer, the other 2 in the kegerator are normal(different beers though). I've made this recipe before, and haven't noticed this issue in any of my beers prior.

Any thoughts?

Also, I've tried different glasses. No change. Those same glasses work fine on all my other beers. I doubt its my washing technique, Ive been fine for years with my other beer. It's just this one for some reason.

If the beer hasn't had much time to carbonate, the CO2 may not be well absorbed into the beer, resulting in fast-disappearing head and carbonation. Give it some more time.

If the beer hasn't had much time to carbonate, the CO2 may not be well absorbed into the beer, resulting in fast-disappearing head and carbonation. Give it some more time.

Thanks for the reply, but this guy has been carbed and cold for a month. Still at a loss...

Latest posts

Back