Mix two beers -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calman

Reaction score
Hello,
My honey poter is 1/4 full and is bitter and sour (a bit). My hefe (1/2 full) is sweet and banana smell. I don't like either of them. I am thinking of mixing the two together. Yay or nay? What do you think the result will be like?

calman said:
Hello,
My honey poter is 1/4 full and is bitter and sour (a bit). My hefe (1/2 full) is sweet and banana smell. I don't like either of them. I am thinking of mixing the two together. Yay or nay? What do you think the result will be like?

Mmmmm... a Bitter-S'wheat and Sour Honey-Banana Hefeporter.

homebrewer_99 said:
I've been recommending blending 2 "bad" or "off" beers for years to produce one good one.:D

Ok then, I'll try hefeporter this weekend, and will post back the result. I'll invite some friends for judging the new born.

Since I didn't like my "Hoegaarden Clone" very much, and since I was starting to get a little burned out on my stout, I started mixing the two and I've enjoyed the results.

Back