Brewframe-thermal isolation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne1

Reaction score
After a year's worth of gathering parts and construction, my brewframe is in the final testing stages. It is based on Bobby M's single tier system.

It is built from unistrut. I have two banjo burners for keggle brew kettle and HLT. I am planning to use my old 10 gallon GOTT for a MLT.

My question/concern is in regards to thermal transfer through the frame. I have fired the burners up twice now and I am a bit worried about how hot the frame gets. Is it going to melt my GOTT?

I plan on doing a water brew tomorrow with an eye toward a full brew this weekend. Have any of you experimented with anything under the keggles to reduce the thermal transfer? Or should I think more of isolating the GOTT?

Pictures will be coming soon. I think some of you might enjoy this variation on the single tier design. I have tried to replicate some of the features of the brewpub systems I have used. There is a diverter panel on the front with quick disconnects. They go to two March 509 pumps, a CFC, and a filtered cold water line.

Back