What's the best brewing software?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
Hear good things about beersmith, but I've seen and used beer tools and I like the format really well, what does everyone think is the most well rounded and user friendly?

I'm currently evaluating as well and wish I had a Mac so I could take a look at Beer Alchemy along with the others. BeerSmith seems most popular, but I'm leaning towards Beer Tools Pro. Need to run another recipe through all of them during my next brew day before I decide.

There's also an open source newcomer on the block:

www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/brewtarget-1-1-free-open-source-brewing-software-123353/

Still needs some work, but could be promising.

If you scroll down the main Homebrewtalk.com web page, there's a dedicated forum to Brewing Software. Lots of great info. there.

Sorry if you already aware of this... :)

Why don't you download them and try them out? BeerAlchemy and BeerTools Pro have free demos.

I am mac user and decided to go with BeerAlchemy after downloading the different trial versions available. I really like Beer Alchemy.

Latest posts

Back