So much Fuggles! What to brew?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234Alchemy

Reaction score
I've harvested the Fuggles hops off of a neighbor's vines :rockin: (with his permission!) and dried them out. What can I brew (AG) this weekend that would benefit from these lovely smelling gorgeous hops? Recipe suggestions anyone? :mug:

I would definitely go with a bitter. One of my favorite beers...of course I always go with EKG, but if you have the Fuggles, why not?

Start with about 8 pounds of Maris Otter, add a pound of Crystal 40, 1 ounce Fuggles at 60, .5oz at 30, .5oz at 10. Use and English Ale yeast....done and done.

Of course there are a bunch of other things you could do here. Maybe a little Carapils, maybe some biscuit, whatever.

I'd go with something you know the AA on for the 60 min bittering addition and then use your harvested hops for flavour and aroma.

I would like to talk to your neighbor, buddy of mine grew a vine of Fuggles and one of Cascades. We were not expecting the Fuggles to Produces as much as the Cascade anyway but it only produced like 7 flowers (WTF)
The Cascade Vine went absolutely bonkers.

This is an organic garden that produces enough to sustain he and his family for the summer. It's pretty darn big. I just threw that in there to say that when it comes to the garden he know what he is doing!

Back