• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanyo 4912 Fermentation Chamber for Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

510brew

Reaction score
This is the infamous Sanyo 4912 refrigerator that is commonly used to build a kegerator. This one has been set up as a dual-stage, temperature controlled fermentation chamber for home brewing. It started new less than six months ago and had the stock inner door removed and replaced with a piece of black acrylic. It has a Ranco dual-stage thermostat, a fermwrap for heat, comes with a stainless steel thermowell, and it easily fits a 6.5 gallon carboy. It could be used as-is for perfect fermentation or made into a kegerator. It is in basically new condition and the parts alone cost over $400. Local pickup only (SF Bay Area) I am forced to sell due to a move.

Link to CraigsList ad with pics

I have this exact same setup and it's the ideal temp controlled fermentation setup for 5 gallon batches. My 2cents.

Dang, looks good! If I had the cash or the space I'd do it.

You might want to put the word "beer" in your ad somewhere ... that's usually what I search for when looking for brewing stuff on CL. (I may not be representative of all CL searchers, tho!).

Hey Craig, Thanks for the great deal on the fermentation chamber. Going brew a batch Sunday and test it out. Thanks again man.

Back