August 2 is IPA Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had waited to put my Imperial on tap until the 2nd now :(

Oh well next year I will do it up right.

Probably crack open the first couple bottles of my batch of Dead Ringer. That will be close to 2 weeks since I bottled it.

I already have some things prepped for my August 2nd brew day and I usually brew a tasty IPA...

But I decided to make a Bavarian Wheat this time. Maybe I'll have a couple pints of my Citra IPA or Amarillo/Columbus IPA in honor.

I'm hosting a beer dinner at a local fine dining establishment on the 2nd. 4 courses paired with fine ales. I selected the beers and will discuss each beer type for the crowd as each course is served. All the courses will be paired with wheat beers (sadly no IPas) since the chef was set on a lobster/clambake for the main course. I will be tapping a fresh keg of red IIPA that evening, however! :D

I brewed an IPA this past Sunday, so that's all I'll be doing. Cigar City Brewing, here in Tampa, is tapping 20+ different kegs of various IPAs that I imagine they've been working on for the past few months. They'll have their Humidor Series IPA, Tropical White Oak IPA, Smoked IPA and a few others that I'm looking forward to trying. So I'll celebrate by stopping by the tasting room! :rockin:

Cigar City Brewing, here in Tampa, is tapping 20+ different kegs of various IPAs that I imagine they've been working on for the past few months. They'll have their Humidor Series IPA, Tropical White Oak IPA, Smoked IPA and a few others that I'm looking forward to trying. So I'll celebrate by stopping by the tasting room! :rockin:

Hmmmm......

Yup! brewing a rye IPA tomorrow after work. Karl Strauss has $8 growler fills of IPA tomorrow so I'll fill a couple of those up and have one hell of an evening.

Back