Holy Kegs Batman! (When it rains it pours)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
So I have been hitting all of my friends up at a few of the local distributors and the local micro-breweries to find me some 16 gallon kegs for brewkettle, etc.

No luck, until today. First I get a picture text of 3 kegs with the words "how many do you want?" from a friend of mine. Then my wife calls and says her client that works for the Miller Light house called her and said he has 3 kegs they are getting rid of :D

So I went from no kegs, to having access to up to 7, and possibly more :ban:

Of course I have read all about the issues with obtaining a keg, but considering the sources on these, I can't see where there is a problem. I plan on taking at least 4 or them, and may have homes for the others at fellow home brewers here in town.

contacted the local brewery to see what kegs they're getting rid of to see if I could buy them. I gave them a price for 2 and they want me to stop by and take a look. I already have a keg, obtained from a friend.

Of course I have read all about the issues with obtaining a keg, but considering the sources on these, I can't see where there is a problem. I plan on taking at least 4 or them, and may have homes for the others at fellow home brewers here in town.

It should be noted that a restaurant (regardless of the franchised name) doesn't own kegs so they can't just get rid of them or sell them. I could care less who does what with kegs and how they get them, but yes, legally there is a problem obtaining kegs that way. As I posted above, I got a keg from a friend which I use as an MLT, so I'm not condemning anyone for how they obtain their brewing equipment. ;)

I think it would be hard to verify the true source and legality of any keg. But, these came from the distributor not a restaurant.

Except the first couple, those came from a friend who works for a property management company. They basically have a warehouse full of goodies that people abandon when they move out. Since they deal with a lot of college kids, he had a little stack of kegs

Back