Calling all Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmugMug

Reaction score
If you're associated with, or know someone who is, a national/regional brewery I implore you to come to the aide of your Alabama friends. I'm sure you've read other threads in these forums describing our joy that the gourmet beer bill (which will raise ABV limits on beer from 6% to 13.9%) has passed the house and senate and is now sitting on the governor's desk waiting to be signed. We need all the support we can get (this means individuals too). Please contact our governor's office and tell him that you are in favor of HB373. He has until Monday to sign the bill or it automatically gets vetoed. We've been fighting this battle for a long time and we need as much pressure on him to sign this bill now.

We would like to get national and regional brewery support, but any and all support is needed. It's time that this state finally emerges from the 19th century on at least 1 matter. I'm fairly certain we have backing from Rogue now, but we need all we can get.

Here's the governor's contact info:
Switchboard: (334) 242-7100
Fax: (334) 353-0004
Email form: http://www.governor.alabama.gov/contact/contact_form.aspx

Back