Brewblogger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop916

Reaction score
Hi All - Anyone using Brewblogger? I am trying a fresh install and am getting an error when I access my hosted site bbqhb.net76.net;

Any help is appreciated.

>>>>>Here is the config script I am using :::<<<<<

<?php
/*******Set up MySQL connection variables*******
Generally, this line is left alone.
*/
$hostname_brewblog = "localhost";

/*
Change the word root to the username for your database (generally the same as your login code for your web hosting company).
INSERT YOUR USERNAME BETWEEN THE DOUBLE-QUOTATION MARKS ("").
For example, if your username is fred then the line should read $username_brewblog = "fred".
*/

$username_brewblog = "a6894864";

/*
INSERT YOUR PASSWORD BETWEEN THE DOUBLE-QUOTATION MARKS ("").
For example, if your password is flintstone then the line should read $password_brewblog = "flintsone".
*/

$password_brewblog = "xxxxxxxx";

/*
The following line is the name of your MySQL database you set up already.
If you haven't set up the database yet, please refer to http://www.brewblogger.net/ for setup instructions.
*/

$database_brewing = "a6894864_brewlog";

/*
This line strings the information together and connects to MySQL.
If MySQL is not found or the username/password combo is not correct an error will be returned.
*/

$brewblog = mysql_connect($hostname_brewblog, $username_brewblog, $password_brewblog) or trigger_error(mysql_error());

/*
Do not change the following line.
*/
$brewing = $brewblog;

/******End MySQL Connections*******

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a6894864'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a6894864/public_html/Connections/config.php on line 34

PHP Error Message

Notice: Access denied for user 'a6894864'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a6894864/public_html/Connections/config.php on line 34

PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a6894864/public_html/includes/authentication_nav.inc.php on line 2

PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a6894864/public_html/includes/authentication_nav.inc.php on line 4

Access denied for user 'a6894864'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I used to use it, but have since stopped. IMO, the author is non-existant with support and updates.

From what I see, you have a mysql password error?

Yeah my host support helped out, the very first line of their install config script is wrong. You have to enter the host server name / address instead of 'localhost' - but yeah, i want a solution i can build for my personal use and produces consistent results on my website

Back