switch options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any on that catalog page that would work. Most are momentary, which means they're only on as long as you hold the button. You'd have to add a latching relay to get these to work. You can get a small watertight case and add your own button. Automation direct has some pretty cool on/off pushbuttons that I use on my control panel for my pumps. They work really well. I haven't looked, but they may also have predrilled enclosures for these buttons.

:mug:
MrH

Wow, I cannot imagine how I missed that, considering it says momentary on every single switch description. I think my brain was just imagining how cool it would look on the side of my rig. Anyway, I was thinking it would be nifty to have a somewhat waterproof industrial type switch mounted on the front just below my non direct heated MLT.

I guess I will look around for some button cases. I don't mind shelling out some cash for it since I will only have one button for a single March pump.

In the meantime, maybe I will get one of those momentary switches for my garage door. :rockin:

Those prices are a lot cheaper than what I would expect...I'll have to remember this for when I upgrade my rig...

Back