Any NJ brewers fermenting a lager right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok, sure this is a longshot but I'm getting desperate. The whales club is doing 45 gallons of Bock via steinbier method this coming Sunday and while I have a few slurries of yeast in the fridge, I'm concerned that I won't have enough for the volume we're using. If you have any kind of European lager fermenting away right now and ready to rack in the next few day, I'd really appreciate it if you'd collect the cake in a sanitized container for me. I'll be sure to repay the favor with a few bottles of the resulting "Stein Bock". Anyone?

Thanks Joe, one of the other members picked up some yeast and got a starter going. I'm hoping a full 5 gallon cake, a one quart slurry, and a 2liter starter built from a vial is going to be enough for 45 gallons.

Too bad I'm so far away

Got a nice thick cake of Coors Yeast from a CAP and will have a Dopplebock 2124 cake Sunday

Good luck, might want to try and track down some 34/70 but if you have 1 1/2 quarts of good thick slurry you should be ok.

Make a first wort starter with a little of the second runnings so you can ensure its active and healthy

Sorry Bobby, Im in South Jersey near A/C.
I just brewed a Foster's lager clone this past Sunday the 19th of Feb. I used Wyeast 2007 Pilsen Lager I won't be done with the yeast for at least A FEW MORE WEEKS.:mug:

oH lmao. and i DONT HAVE A time machine EITHER, to get back to 2009 and save the brew HEHEHEHEHEH

I have to pay close attention to the dates of posts HAHAHAHA:drunk:

Back