1st Brew In the Chiller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQBrew

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch lastnight!! It is in the chiller and looks like it is going well...yeast is working hard! :D

1st Batch

Looks like a good batch. Good luck!

Yeast does work hard for us. Then it goes to sleep, or dies. It sacrifices itself so that we may have a pleasurable drinking experience. That's why I re-use the yeast whenever possible. It's my way of saying thank you yeast, for turning my wort into beer.

I do imagine its in the 'chiller' just as a storage location now? If this is your first batch, I would imagine its not a lager. Don't lower the fermentation temp. too low. Check the yeast pack / kit instructions for the temp you need to maintain for fermentation. If your just using this cooler to drop the temp a few degrees, then ignore this! Nice setup for beginning the hobby!

what did you brew up? looks good, and i dig the temp strip on the carboy. i need one of those puppies......

Just using the chiller to keep it between 65 - 72F...highs near 90F this time of year in Texas! I didn't want to pay the electric bill to keep my house cool enough to ferment indoors so I built the chiller so I can ferment in garage.

Brewed a Light Ale that came with the 'Deluxe Bottling Kit' from B3.

Back